Feedback journey

Hi,

I’m creating feedback journey by following link https://yellowmessenger.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/433357037/User+Feedback

When I choose ‘bad’ response it should go to ‘chosen_reason’ step however bot is not going to ‘chosen_reason’ step. Can you please help in explaining how bot will move from one step ‘callFeedback’ to another step ’ ‘chosen_reason’ ?

Thanks,
Gagan

1 Like

Hi Gagan,

You can use conditional nodes to achieve this.
You can specify a condition and make the bot go to a certain step in the journey
https://yellowmessenger.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/1621196891/Conditional+Nodes+Tags

1 Like

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply. As suggested I created conditional node but it is still not going at ‘choose_reason’ step.

1 Like

Hi Gagan,

Can you check if the small talk is enabled in context management?
If it is enabled, please disable it. There is an issue with the small talk setting and the team is looking into it.

1 Like

Hi Arun,

I’ve disabled the small talk. Now if i click on <3 feedback rating (Bad) it goes again back to feedback function.

Hi Gagan,

You will have to specify appropriate conditions inside the condition node for it to work. The condition node helps us specify what the bot should do when a specific condition is satisfied. The two options that are currently available on the Condition node are:

1. Define a Function(using Node JS)
  2. Define a Step Value Rule

The 2nd option would be viable here.

A Step Value Rule allows us to define the condition based on the parent step’s value(Here the parent step would be callFeedback).

To specify a Step Value Rule, click on the Condition upon which this rule is to be applied and click on the ‘Step Value’ icon.

For example, In the image below we can see that there are two Step Value Rules. It checks the value of the rating step based on which it decides the step that it should move to next. Here we’re moving to the ‘reason’ step when the value of the ‘rating’ step is less than or equal to 3 and we move to the ‘response’ node if the rating is greater than 3.

Note: The value of the rating step is decided based on the type of prompt that is used. For example if a quick reply is used as a prompt in the rating step above, When we click on the quick reply button, the value of the step would then be the value specified in the ‘text’ attribute of the quick reply.

When we enter any free text, the value of that step would be the value that was entered in the text box. We generally use Validators to control this kind of input.

I hope this helps.

1 Like